- Lose Weight/Get Healthy – Line Dancing burns ~150 calories an hour and that’s at the low impact level. Most of our dances are FAST and high impact, so you’re sure to burn more than that!
- Save Money – Fast Eddie’s offers $5 slider platters until 7 and $1.50 domestic drafts until NINE! No other bars have this good a happy hour and this late, so take advantage!
- Learn Something New – We have over 140 dances on our Tuesday night docket that we’re constantly rotating through and adding to. Think you know them all?! Probably not but if you do, we’ll just have to add more to keep your inquisitive mind wanting more!
- Manage Stress – Physical activity helps to bump up the production of your brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. Plus, if you’re thinking about the dance steps or singing along to the music, you can’t think about much else!
- Get a Better Job Do this by improving your brain power and positive attitude which will help you shine in interviews. Cardiovascular exercise improves blood flow to the brain which improves brain functioning. Add in the increased production of endorphins, and you’ll stand out as a smart, positive and well-rounded addition to any team!
- Find that Special Someone– Since we started line dancing back in 2005, we have had 8 couples that have met in our class and have since gotten married or engaged. These are just those that we know of… there could be even more! So, you never know who you’ll meet, but considering it’s a fun, non-threatening environment, it makes for an easy way to get to know someone new.
- Quit Smoking– Tuesday nights are smoke free at Fast Eddie’s and if you’re out smoking, you may miss your favorite dance, so there’s some motivation for you to stay in and be smoke free at least one night a week (and hopefully it will snowball to all 7 days!).
- Volunteer/Help Others – LD4Y has performed free shows/lessons at events for charities like the The American Cancer Society, Robert Duvall Children’s Fund, Lift Me Up Therapeutic Riding Program, and Joe Gibb’s Youth for Tomorrow. We’re hoping to do even more this year, so if you want to participate in a performance or know a charity that would like to have us perform, please let me know.
So join DJ Jillbilly and I at Fast Eddie’s in Centreville and let’s start your new year out right!